Within the periphery of a blast, perineal and femoral artery injuries can be fatal without immediate specialist medical help. A puncture to the femoral artery can bleed out rapidly leading to death.
There is always a fine balance between the level of protection and burden (weight, thermal and increased bulk burdens) and without comprising comfort.
Following trails and ballistic tests, BCB have designed the Blast Boxer using a special comfortable Aramid fabric, positioned around crucial zones of the groin. Light open structure mesh is used on the rest of the garment to help offset the weight and thermal load of the ballistic material.
*DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- Zones with double layers of DuPont™ Kevlar®* around the groin area and femoral arteries
- Lightweight mesh sides and lining to help relieve the heat and perspiration - anti-odour and fast drying properties
- External seams to maximise comfort
- Low cut leg to help protect the femoral artery
- Fire retardent
- Blast and ballistic tested